It’s time someone formed The American Fixit Party and set down the decisions required to put this country on the right track.
Instead of worrying about Palestinian statehood, gay marriage or spending $100M on capturing an asteroid, let’s fix the real problems. The solutions are there, but it seems the courage and backbone isn’t, especially in Congress.
A Mandate from The American Fixit Party:
- we need a flat tax (send 20% to the Government, keep the rest. Period, no loopholes).
- Wipe out the IRS bureaucracy and save billions in government spending.
- Establish term limits for Congress,
- Give a Line item veto for the president,
- Break up the big banks,
- Disband the Federal Reserve (the big bankers club that sets monetary policy and bails out their mistakes)
- Mandate a balanced budget,
- Get rid of the DOE and other costly and useless Federal departments,
- Cut red tape for small businesses to allow them to grow and provide jobs,
- Implement mandatory 2-year military service (get kids off the streets and into a disciplined environment),
- Eliminate tenure in schools so we can fire lazy teachers,
- Stop spending billions to help Afghanistan and Iraq (and other American hating countries) when they don’t want our help.
- Invest in rebuilding infrastructure (bridges, roads, rail system, ports, etc.).
That’s a start and would go a long way in a short time to right the economy and bolster people’s faith in America again.
Greatness starts at home, not around the world.
I’m voting for The American Fixit Party!
Tight Lines . . .
John R Childress